What is a Private Cloud [Definition & Examples Included]
Cloud computing consists of public and private cloud. First thing you need to know is what is a private cloud? What are its features and how does it differs from the public cloud? According to private cloud definition, private cloud is cloud virtualized cloud environment provided to a particular organization giving a secured computing services utilizing hidden computer resources. The security and privacy of private cloud is high as it is allowed by only one particular client that is the whole organization. Private cloud has many advantages but it also has to face certain challenges. All the features and knowledge about private cloud computing is given below.
Features of Private Cloud:
The main feature included in private cloud computing is its ring fencing of the cloud, that could be used by only one particular organization. As it is used by only one organization it provides efficiency and security. The privacy provided to the private cloud computing is also high as the resources being used are within the organization. Private cloud administrations receives their asset from a particular pool of computers but they are allowed to be hosted internally or externally according to the demands of the client, providing access to crosswise over private rented lines or secure scrambled associations by means of open systems.
Private Cloud Storage:
The main aim of cloud computing is to provide a large storage space. In private cloud storage, storage space is provided for data storage by the organization. The storage provides flexibility, usability and scalability and as the name suggests it is only restricted to the particular organization and public access is not allowed. Data center and the benefits are particular as off public cloud but the security and privacy is high in cloud storage.
Virtual Private Cloud:
Virtual Private Cloud is a logical cloud computing mechanism that provides private cloud computing configuration in public cloud computing space. The architecture is set to provide the feature of private cloud in public cloud computing. The main feature is to provide secure data transfer over the internet. Virtual private cloud uses some special features such as encryption, private IP addressing, assigning a particular VLAN and tunneling keeping in view the security rules and policies. It is the best way to communicate privately in a public cloud.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Private Cloud Computing:
Although private cloud offers services similar to public cloud but it has some advantages over the public cloud:
- High Authority: the configuration and management is done according to the organization’s needs so the data is more accurate and controlled in cloud computing.
- More Accuracy: the data is virtualized according to the need of client and resources are used by one organization only increasing the reliability and accuracy in private cloud computing.
- Energy efficiency: the data transferred or received at higher rate so private cloud computing is more efficient.
- More security and privacy: it is restricted to one organization so the data is secured and is limited to one organization only making it more private.
- More cost: Maintaining a separate system for data transfer requires more cost.
- Challenging: Private Cloud has to face its own challenges to get the work done sometimes.